This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Ballets Russes Symposium

In "Diaghilev's Legacy" published in the National Library of Australia News Lee Christofis previews the Ballets Russes in Australia symposium being held in Adelaide in two months time.

"To be held at the Elder Conservatorium and Adelaide Festival Centre during The Australian Ballet’s season in Adelaide, the Ballets Russes Symposium has been designed as a series of presentations by three international Ballets Russes experts and panel discussions by leading Australian artists involved in the creation of ballets."

The three international guests are Bob Lockyer, Stephanie Jordan and Lynn Garafola. Irina Baronova, Anna Volkova and Valrene Tweedie will also speak about their careers.

How I would love to go. Retiree funds dont run to much. I hope someone plans to attend and to tell us all about it. There are some fascinating reviews of new ballets at the Adelaide festival in the Melbourne Age and I believe Sophie Guillam ( sp) was gong to be there too.