This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

A Spanish perspective on Boston Ballet's summer tour

I didn't know where best to post this, since it refers to performances by Boston Ballet in Madrid last summer. At the time, a number of members expressed interest in this story. I don't think that anyone here has followed up.

Here is a link to a review by Elna Matamoros -- with gorgeous photographs by Jesus Vallinas -- from the Spanish website Fotoescena. The program: Serenade, Who Cares?, and Four Temperments.

It's in Spanish, but if you scroll down to the bottom, you can click for a really first-rate English translation.

http://www.fotoescena.net/doce/boston12.html

With the blossoming of Spanish ballet -- IN Spain, I mean, and not just exporting superb dancers to other countries -- Fotoescena in English becomes a very accessible source for information, commentary, and beautiful images on such topics as Corella's developing Ballet Nacional, the careers of international stars like Tamara Rojo, Lucia Lacarra, and the stars companies visiting Spain.

I didn't know where best to post this, since it refers to performances by Boston Ballet in Madrid last summer. At the time, a number of members expressed interest in this story. I don't think that anyone here has followed up.

Here is a link to a review by Elna Matamoros -- with gorgeous photographs by Jesus Vallinas -- from the Spanish website Fotoescena. The program: Serenade, Who Cares?, and Four Temperments.

It's in Spanish, but if you scroll down to the bottom, you can click for a really first-rate English translation.

http://www.fotoescena.net/doce/boston12.html

With the blossoming of Spanish ballet -- IN Spain, I mean, and not just exporting superb dancers to other countries -- Fotoescena in English becomes a very accessible source for information, commentary, and beautiful images on susch topics as Corella's developing Ballet Nacional, the careers of international stars like Tamara Rojo, Lucia Lacarra, and the stars companies visiting Spain.

Thanks a lot bart!

As the other member of fotoescena's staff (responsible for Marketing, English version, translations and so on and even writing some articles) I have been very proud of you in this forum to appreciate our work.

It is not without great efforts that we get to achieve all our articles but we enjoy a lot doing this and we hope our passion is noticed. And of course there always are the gorgeus photographs of Jesús Vallinas the soul of fotoescena.

Since the presentation of the "Ballet de España" Angel Corella's Ballet Company last February all our articles are in Spanish and English. If you are interested to go directly to the English version of our magazine, you can do it here

http://www.fotoescena.net/08/indexe.html

Many, many, thanks for your interest and for your kind words!!