This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Saw this over the weekend and was very impressed. I liked both graphic novels, but had reservations about their translation to animation -- the visuals didn't seem universally kinetic to me -- but I was wrong, wrong, wrong. She tells the story of a surreal time with visuals that match.

Thanks for posting, sandik. I saw the trailer and this looked really good. I've never read a graphic novel - nothing against them, I've just never gotten round to any - but obviously there's some great work being done. I will post on it if I see it, and I hope others do, too.

I liked both graphic novels, but had reservations about their translation to animation -- the visuals didn't seem universally kinetic to me -- but I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I had the same reservations, and like you, really loved the movie !

I've just heard that it won the latest prize of the listeners of the radio program "Le Masque et la Plume" (a program which exists since 1955 and deals with cinema, literature, theater, and occasionally opera. Alas, no ballet !) for French films. The prize for foreign films was won by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck's "The lives of others").