This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Who Are These People? (for the sleuths on the board)

I have this photograph, and I can only basically identify about 3 or 4 people in it (and may be wrong about a couple of those). I see Ann Barzel, Nora Kaye, what looks like Ruth Ann Koesun and a gentleman who looks a bit like Oliver Smith. Anyone have ideas on the others? (sorry if the picture quality isn't great).

Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/Mme. Hermine/sss-1.jpg

now that's interesting, because i had looked at him and he looked quite familiar.

the picture was with a group of books that was given to me. no clue about its origin except that it looks to be 1970s?

also it appears to have been taken in Chicago as the photographer on the back is Paul Hansen, with a Chicago address.

I'm probably totally crazy on this, but I kind of think the dark haired woman in the center of the shot looks a bit like Joysanne Sidimus... but it's been over 20 years since I last saw her and at a later date than that photo... (and you're probably going to tell me that's Nora Kaye).

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...:en-us%26sa%3DN

Hi,

No that's not me..It is Nora Kaye but nice to be remebered!

Joysanne

I'm probably totally crazy on this, but I kind of think the dark haired woman in the center of the shot looks a bit like Joysanne Sidimus... but it's been over 20 years since I last saw her and at a later date than that photo... (and you're probably going to tell me that's Nora Kaye).

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...:en-us%26sa%3DN

Hi,

No that's not me..It is Nora Kaye but nice to be remebered!

Joysanne

Joysanne,

You won't remember me, but I was a student of yours at NCSA in 1978-79. I certainly remember you! I'm so glad to see you're still involved in dance--you were such a wonderfully generous teacher who instilled in me a passion for Balanchine's choregraphy.

Cheers,

Ray Ricketts

Joysanne,

You won't remember me, but I was a student of yours at NCSA in 1978-79. I certainly remember you! I'm so glad to see you're still involved in dance--you were such a wonderfully generous teacher who instilled in me a passion for Balanchine's choregraphy.

Cheers,

Ray Ricketts

Hi Ray,

It took my daughter to figure out how to do this!! Thanks for your kind words.Are you still involved in dance? I'm staging Balanchine works for the Trust.

Keep in touch! Cheers, Joysanne

Joysanne,

Cheers,

Ray Ricketts

Hi Ray,

It took my daughter to figure out how to do this!! Thanks for your kind words.Are you still involved in dance? I'm staging Balanchine works for the Trust.

Keep in touch! Cheers, Joysanne

Joysanne,

You've set your profile so as not to receive private messages, so I'll say hi back in this public forum, and answer yes and no to your question about dance. I'm not dancing, but doing scholarship in literature that includes dance. Glad to hear you're staging works for the Trust! Do you keep a blog about your experiences? If not, I wish you'd consider it--the work of ballet reconstructors needs to be narrated and documented, especially by smart and dynamic voices like yours.