This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Word of Mouth: The Lady in the Fur Performs!

I'm going to take Administrator's Rights and make a recommendation for an upcoming dance performance I hope you'll consider attending.

Rajika Puri, a delightful woman who will eternally be “the elegant Indian lady in the fur coat” to me is doing an encore performance of her work Devi Malika. I saw this when it was done two years ago at the Rubin Museum of Art and really enjoyed it. She’s a magnetic performer and the work is a gem of an evening – an entire world of feminine manifestations spun out of thin air. She’s also got a special gift for being able to present Indian forms to a Western audience because she’s equally comfortable in either (she’s worked with Julie Taymor, among others.)

Devi Malika will be at The Duke on 42nd Street the weekend of Jan. 17-20 and I hope you’ll consider going. I can help you get a discount so that the ticket is only $20. I’m going Saturday night myself. I know Rajika is hoping most of all to introduce her work (and Indian dance) to a new, wider audience and I’m happy to stick my neck out to try and help.

If you’d be interested in going, PM or email me and I’ll tell you how to get a $20 ticket.