drb

Kathryn Morgan

Congratulations to her. What a huge accomplishment after having to take so much time away.

Really happy and Miami should be a great fit for her. 

On 4/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, balletforme said:

wow! that's great!  What rank? 

I was thinking the same thing.  What rank will they give her?  She got to soloist at NYCB...

There is nothing yet on the MCB website, so we'll just have to wait...

She said in one of her Instagram stories that she’ll discuss the details when the announcement is made. 

Wow, this is amazing news. Congratulations to her!

This is fabulous. I am so happy for her because god knows she's worked hard enough and wanted it more than anyone.

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard of a story like this.  So inspiring, and so awesome that Miami City Ballet took her in as a *soloist* even after so many years offstage.  It's no secret she worked so hard for this, it's great to see a story of hard work paying off as well as it did here.

I do hope she'll be able to continue her vlog once she joins the company, though I can understand if it'll be limited in the future.

I'm hopeful her blog will continue: MCB did cite that she has 152,000 instagram followers in its press release.

3 hours ago, Emma said:

I'm hopeful her blog will continue: MCB did cite that she has 152,000 instagram followers in its press release.

Most people write their own bios.  I could be wrong but 9 times out of 10 the bio you read has been drafted by the dancer and then approved by PR. 

What a wonderful story. It's nice to see a talented person who encountered hard times turn it around. I wish her all the best.

So happy about this. I'll admit, I was a naysayer -- I thought there was no way she'd make it back. I'm delighted to have been proven wrong!

Posted (edited)

Ok people. I'll be reporting. We all know she will be under a microscope. If anything, I believe she'll benefit from the general atmosphere of MCB, where mutual help, camaraderie and lack of drama has been the norm for years.

MERDE to you, Kathryn!

Edited to add: MCB has never been a "stick thin" ballerinas company, nor tall ones. She will fit right in, aesthetically speaking.

Edited by cubanmiamiboy