This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"Fantasy Ballet"

tikititatata

While dance is not a sport and there are no statistics to keep track of, wouldn't it be great if we could pick our dancers for a favorite piece? In the real world, I believe this is called a gala organized by powerful people... but if I were to pick:

I would LOVE to see Nacho Duato's Romanso with Steven McRae (Royal), Jaime Garcia Castilla (SFB) and Ikolo Griffin (Smuin Ballet). All 3 on one stage would be too much for me to handle; ga-ga!!!

While dance is not a sport and there are no statistics to keep track of, wouldn't it be great if we could pick our dancers for a favorite piece? In the real world, I believe this is called a gala organized by powerful people... but if I were to pick:

I would LOVE to see Nacho Duato's Romanso with Steven McRae (Royal), Jaime Garcia Castilla (SFB) and Ikolo Griffin (Smuin Ballet). All 3 on one stage would be too much for me to handle; ga-ga!!!

I'm a bit of a ballet nerd and spend hours doing fantasy ballet by myself!

I'm a bit of a ballet nerd and spend hours doing fantasy ballet by myself!
I think most of us probably do the same. Would you care to share any of yours?

My own persistent fantasy/wish is to see Ashley Bouder and Marcelo Gomes together in any pdd (not that I'd protest a full ballet :) ). I think a partnership between those two would blow the roof and the walls out of any theater!

Oh, this is one of my favorite games! Right now I'm yearning for a production of Jooss' Green Table at Pacific Northwest Ballet. Jonathan Poretta as the Profiteer (those white-gloved hands!), Carrie Imler or Ariana Lallone as the Partisan, Louise Nadeau in her frail mode as the Mother, Noelani Pantastico as the Young Woman, Jeff Stanton as the Standard Bearer, and Olivier Wevers as Death (alternating with Bakkthurel Bold)

Michael Somes and Margot Fonteyn would return to coach David Halberg and Darcey Bussell as the central couple in Symphonic Variations.

Actually, I'd like to see three different casts do this ballet on the same program, but I've run out of ideas for dancers (dancers I've actually seen ons stage, I mean). Can anyone help, for the lead couple at least?

Or, I'd like to see it paired with a Balanchine ballet which would allow for the most interesting comparisons. Does anyone have any ideas on what Balanchine ballet would work well next to the Ashton?

Okay a few past/present partnerships:

Divas- Rudi Nureyev and Anastasia Volochkova. Which ego would outshine the other onstage?

For pure pyrotechnics-Osipova with Baryshnikov or Soloviev.

Romanticism-Evdokimova with Igor Kolb or Kirkland with Tsiskaradze. (I don't think of Tsis.. as romantic but I think Gelsey would pull it out of him)

Kirkland would have been adorable with Sarafanov.

Sorry for the delayed reponse bart! The dancers need not be contemporaries -- we're mixing leagues (companies) and time :)

I also have to add Morris' Sylvia with Miyako Yoshida (Royal) and Gennadi Nedvigin (SFB) or Mikhail Sharkov (Bolshoi). A Swan Lake (version TBD) with Nadja Gracheva and... ???

sandik -- love the alternate!