This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

[soto] was such a protoge of Stanley Williams--he embodied so much of what Williams taught, especially about turning.

To a layman like myself, that's intriguing, Ray. Can you be more specific?

I know that Anne Belle had intended a film on Williams, and I believe she'd begun filming, but then he died. One can dream that some day her footage will see the light of day. Or is it already in the library at Lincoln Center?

[soto] was such a protoge of Stanley Williams--he embodied so much of what Williams taught, especially about turning.

To a layman like myself, that's intriguing, Ray. Can you be more specific?

I know that Anne Belle had intended a film on Williams, and I believe she'd begun filming, but then he died. One can dream that some day her footage will see the light of day. Or is it already in the library at Lincoln Center?

It wasn't that kind of movie. It was about Jock the Navaho/Puerto Rican/gay dancer who came NY at the age of 14 to study @ SAB and went on to be one of the wordls greatest partners, greatly loved dancer and teacher. It showed the very unglamorous side of being a ballet dancer: the 14 hr rehearsals, the injuries and pain. It showed Jock as the warm, funny, sarcastic and talented person he is.

In New York: WNET (13) will show the film at 10 PM, Friday April 11. The rerun is scheduled for 3 AM, Friday April 18.

You may view the PBS preview here (click on the obvious place):

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/waterflowingtogether/

Somebody wished him to have this talent. Somebody up there. -- Peter Martins

It's on 13 High Definition (Time Warner Cable) Saturday April 12th at 3, 8 and 11PM according to the Grid Guide.