Calliope

Siblings in the same company

emhbunhead, are Eric and Alison Otto related to David Otto, a former NYCB corps member?

As far as I know..YES. I believe that there are four or five Otto brothers in all.

Kate

On the British front there is Adam and Simon Cooper. I've only seen Adam but the brothers are very different dancers from what I've read. Comparisons are often invited in articles but I don't think fans compare them too much on stage.

yes... david otto is from city ballet... erics in abt... phil is the director of new haven ballet and formerly danced with pnb... alison is like 21 now... i havent seen her in a year so i dont know where shes dancing... and theres another sister who doesnt dance... i think thats it... mrs otto runs the mid-atlantic ballet in ny state...

Also in the UK, Michael and Kevin O'Hare who belong to Birmingham Royal Ballet - both principals

There also were Jan and Wim Broeckx, who are identical twins, but I don't know if they ever danced for the same company (Jan was a principal of Roland Petit's company and Wim was a principal of the Dutch National Ballet, both retired recently).

Guest laracf

I believe that Alina Faye and Ilona McHugh (in the corps at ABT) are also sisters...Trained at Marin Dance Centre in California with Margaret Swarthout...

Ekaterina Borchenko and her twin brother Petr Borchenko are principals with the National Academic Bolshoi Ballet Theatre of the Republic of Belarus.

They each won silver medals in the senior division of last month's Varna International Ballet Competition.

Ekaterina Borchenko

Petr Borchenko

You're welcome. I would love to see the Borchenkos perform. I've seen many pictures of them on another ballet board and am fascinated by their beautiful line and unity of appearance (genetics at play). They must be really special to have won silver. I know they are extremely tall. An interview I found online reveals their total commitment to ballet, especially Ekaterina's. It reminded me of the singlemindedness and focus of many other dancers raised and trained in the Russian tradition. I hope these siblings get an opportunity to show themselves to North American audiences as guest artists. After their wins in Varna, interest in them must be piqued in ballet circles.

Miami City Ballet has the Delgado sisters (Patricia and Jeanette), and the Esty twins (Leigh-Ann and Sara).

What about all of those Kaiser brothers?

Diablo Ballet in N California had the Kabaniaev twins - Viktor and Nikolai and the Jonas sisters - Lauren and Corinne, all dancing on the roster for a few seasons.

The Bolshoi has or had:

Svetlana and Yulia Lunkina.

Irina Semirechenskaya and Ivan Semirechensky.

Egor and Roman Simachev and their elder half-brother, Alexander Vetrov (no longer with the company).

Dmitri and Vitaly Mikhailov - who are identical twins.

and two favourites from the recent past:

Gediminas and Vitautus Taranda.

There are identical twins Jiri and Otto Bubenicek who danced with Hamburg Ballet; don't know if both are still there.

Giannina

There's Dmitri Semionov (formerly of the Maryinsky), and sister

Polina Semionova of Berlin Opera Ballet.

You're welcome. I would love to see the Borchenkos perform. I've seen many pictures of them on another ballet board and am fascinated by their beautiful line and unity of appearance (genetics at play). They must be really special to have won silver. I know they are extremely tall. An interview I found online reveals their total commitment to ballet, especially Ekaterina's. It reminded me of the singlemindedness and focus of many other dancers raised and trained in the Russian tradition. I hope these siblings get an opportunity to show themselves to North American audiences as guest artists. After their wins in Varna, interest in them must be piqued in ballet circles.

Hi there! A bit belated but I join your discussion about Borchenko siblings. I adore this duet and I'm lucky to watch them every time they dance, because I live in Minsk. So, I know a lot about them and if you are interested in some information, I can provide. For example, if you wish to attend their performance I can inform you on when and help with tickets and lodging!

Moreover, I've come across their video on YouTube. Search "Minsk Ballet" for a Giselle clip.

Edited by carbro
Mod's note: Direct links are not permitted; replaced it with instructions.

Was anyone else thoroughly surprised to learn Nilas Martins and Ask LaCour are half brothers? I read that in a recent article and was floored I'd never heard this before.

I believe Ask and Nilas' relationship was fairly well publicized when Ask joined NYCB.

See Leigh Witchel: http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.p...st&p=156295

And this thread about half-realized hiring/s of half-siblings: http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6853 (the other half-brother not of NYCB, however).

Edited by carbro
Add links.

Thank you, singing medora. Petr is so gently protective of Ekaterina in this pas de deux. He's like the perfect big brother, even though he's really her twin.

Thank you, singing medora. Petr is so gently protective of Ekaterina in this pas de deux. He's like the perfect big brother, even though he's really her twin.

Thank you, bart!

Petr is actually the best partner in our theatre. :thanks: All girls are really happy when thet got to dance with him! :o