This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SAB site updated

drb

The School of American Ballet, i.e., New York City Ballet's SAB, has finally updated its website, after having fallen one to five years out of date in various sections. While not all of the features appear to be functioning yet, it is worth a visit, especially to News and Events.

http://www.sab.org/

One may look forward to seeing students dance at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Lincoln Kirstein Program on October 23, 2007 (classroom demonstrations); SAB Workshop performances on May 31 and June 2, 2008; and at the Kennedy Center June 6-8, 2008. On other dates there will also be opportunities to see student choreography.

The School of American Ballet, i.e., New York City Ballet's SAB, has finally updated its website, after having fallen one to five years out of date in various sections.

I've always thought SAB was curiously inactive in terms of alumni development, cetainly compared to every other school I've ever attended, including NCSA. This is ironic, considering the numbers of wealthy students who have passed through its doors. I remember one student when I was there who was an heir to the Hearst fortune--she even had a picture of San Simeon on her wall! Perhaps this website is a step in the alum development direction.