This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Did Ulanova have children??

Ostrich

I have it on relatively good authority that Galina Ulanova had a child. In fact, I met a supposed descendant of hers, who seemed able to fill me in quite well about her life. However, I am most surprised, as I have never heard about it before, and being a devotee of Ulanova, I surely would have picked this up somewhere along the line. I hope the all-knowing Ballet Talkers can help me here...

:)

I have it on relatively good authority that Galina Ulanova had a child. In fact, I met a supposed descendant of hers, who seemed able to fill me in quite well about her life. However, I am most surprised, as I have never heard about it before, and being a devotee of Ulanova, I surely would have picked this up somewhere along the line. I hope the all-knowing Ballet Talkers can help me here...

:)

No, Ostrich, whatever the 'descendant' said about her life Ulanova never had children.

In the last year of her life she visited St.Petersburg and was interviewed for the popilar TV programme The Tsar's Box by it long standing presenter Galina Mshanskaya. Talking about her loneliness Galina Sergeyevna said: "If I only had a child! But by parents implored me: "Galya, on no account you should have children. It must be either theatre or family."

I have a recording of this programme and I think she could be trusted. :tiphat:

By the way, I once travelled by train in Russia and spoke to a man who mentioned that he was Ulanova's brother. I knew he was an impostor. She was the only child of Sergei Ulanov and Maria Romanova.