This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hi

caclark

I've just discovered Ballet Talk and registered. I was a ballet dancer in the 1970s and early 80s (Gelsey Kirkland was my idol); I quit dancing to go to college, and I'm now a college professor of classics. However, two years ago I started dancing again; this past year I have spent in Rome, Italy. It was quite a challenge to take ballet classes in Italian, a language I can understand and speak only a little bit! It is interesting to see how the training differs from what I experienced in America.

Welcome to Ballet Talk, caclark. You've had 2 wonderful careers: dancing and teaching. Welcome back to ballet. We hope you'll enjoy exploring the site, and joining our discussions. Your knowledge and history of ballet will be of great interest to all of us. As a former dancer and now adult dance student, you may also enjoy our sister site, Ballet Talk for Dancers, which you can access at the upper right hand corner of this page.

Giannina