This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

former nycb corps dancers

ajsnyc

Has anyone followed the careers of either Robert Wersinger [who left ncyb for Contact] and/or Stuart Capps who became an understudy in Movin' Out? I'd be interested to know how they are doing. Am I right that once a corps dancer leaves ncyb they don't return? :clapping:

Was Peter Boal a corps member when he left for Europe and before he returned? If so, did he return as corps?

Edwaard Liang left as corps and, according to his NYCB bio came back as a soloist.

I'm not sure what Ringer's rank(s) was when she was left and came back.

I have vague recollections of a corps woman or two leaving and coming back.

Was Peter Boal a corps member when he left for Europe and before he returned? If so, did he return as corps?

Edwaard Liang left as corps and, according to his NYCB bio came back as a soloist.

Yes, I think Kristin Sloan left and came back as a corps member didn't she? I think Ringer was a soloist when she left and came back but my memory is hazy.

Boal? I don't recall Boal leaving. Are you thinking of Stiefel? I'm pretty sure he left as a corps dancer and returned to a soloist contract.*
Fairly sure corps-corps.
I second that, but with no solid info. If I remember someone, I'll be back.

*Confirmed by his ABT bio.

I don't think Sloan ever really left the company. She was out with an extended injury.

Her name was removed from the roster from the company for a long time, so I think that's where we're getting that from. She may had an open door to come back, but she was not on the roster. Other dancers who were out for a long time (like LeCrone), however, have remained on the roster. Not sure what determines that.

-amanda