This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Mariinsky Giselle - pas classique girl's variation?

In recent Munich performance of Mariinsky's "Giselle" I saw their "pas de deux classique" for the first time. The girl's first variation was danced to music I have never heard before - is this originally Adam, or was this added later? And... is there any recording of that piece?

Any information would be most welcome as the music sounded so strange and different from the rest of the score to me!

if this is the same variation seen and heard on the video of the kirov ballet's production (led by Mesentseva and Zaklinsky) this question has come up a few times before.

if you look through the back topics on this thread the one started as "A strange variation in Giselle, Kirov Ballet's version of Giselle - the Peasant Pas de deux" should help.

i can't say for certain that your question concerns the same interpolation.

the person who asked the question above does not seem to have come back nor to have responded to the answer given.

(on my set-up for ballettalk, this topic given above appears on page 2 of this topic.)