This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Taming of the Shrew

FYI, casting is up:

I'm probably going on opening night. Looking forward to seeing Jason Reilly dance with Hodgkinson again. I'm contemplating seeing a second cast, as both Tina Pereira and Jillian Vanstone are having debuts. I've been watching both of them closely since they joined the company. Both are very gifted, but very different dancers.

Principal Casting

Katherina

Greta Hodgkinson

(March 10 at 7:30 pm/ March 13 at 7:30 pm/ March 15 at 7:30 pm/

March 17 at 7:30 pm)

Tina Pereira

(March 11 at 2 pm/ March 15 at 2 pm/ March 17 at 2 pm)

Jillian Vanstone

(March 14 at 7:30 pm/ March 16 at 7:30 pm/ March 18 at 2 pm)

Petruchio

Jason Reilly

(March 10 at 7:30 pm/ March 13 at 7:30 pm)

Nehemiah Kish

Piotr Staczyk

(March 14 at 7:30 pm/ March 16 at 7:30 pm/March 18 at 2 pm)

Guillaume Côté

(March 15 at 7:30 pm/ March 17 at 7:30 pm)

Bianca

Jillian Vanstone

(March 10 at 7:30 pm/ March 13 at 7:30 pm)

Alexandra Golden

Tanya Howard

(March 13 at 7:30 pm/ March 14 at 7:30 pm/March 15 at 7:30 pm)

Stacey Shiori Minagawa

(March 16 at 7:30 pm/ March 18 at 2 pm)

Lucentio

Zdenek Konvalina

(March 10 at 7:30 pm/ March 17 at 7:30 pm)

Etienne Lavigne

Patrick Lavoie

(March 13 at 7:30 pm/ March 14 at 7:30 pm/ March 15 at 7:30 pm)

Dong Hyun Seo

Hortensio

Keiichi Hirano

(March 10 at 7:30 pm/ March 13 at 7:30 pm/ March 17 at 7:30 pm)

Nan Wang

(March 11 at 2 pm/ March 16 at 7:30 pm/ March 18 at 2 pm)

Etienne Lavigne

(March 14 at 7:30 pm/ March 15 at 7:30 pm)

Brett van Sickle

(March 15 at 2 pm/ March 17 at 2 pm)

Gremio

Kevin Bowles

(March 10 at 7:30 pm/ March 13 at 7:30 pm/ March 17 at 7:30 pm)

Adam Toth

James Leja

(March 14 at 7:30 pm/ March 15 at 7:30 pm)

Christopher Body

Went to the matinee this afternoon. As the luck of the Irish would have it, Jason Reilly did perform, partnering Tina Pereira.

A WONDERFUL performance. I have never seen Mr Reilly perform before, but he seemed absolutely perfect for the role of Petruchio.

Ms Pereira also did quite well - her part is quite demanding in terms of dramatics, and she fit the bill quite nicely. If anyone ever had a "good" season, this would be hers I would think.

Julie Hay and Victoria Bertram were superb as the Whores. Only small chuckles in the audience (it was a matinee after all) when casting was announced for the "whores."

All in all, a very enjoyable afternoon indeed. I also had the pleasure of meeting another BT poster - it just doesn't get much better!!

m2

I agree Mom2 - it was a terrific performance! What a season Tina Pereira is having - especially since this was supposed to be Bridgett Zehr's big chance to shine. Pereira wasn't supposed to compete in the Bruhn competition, wasn't supposed to dance the lead in "Shrew" and ended up doing both and rising the challenge spectacularly. Me thinks her days in the corps will end shortly - if Kain doesn't recognize a bona fide star in the making standing right in front of her nose then she should turn in her AD credentials right now.

I loved Jason Reilly - too bad we can't have him permanently - but let’s hope he likes us enough to come back on a regular basis to fill out our male ranks. He just took my breath away with those huge grand jete en tournant during his last solo. I’d like to see his Romeo too.

I'm looking forward to the mixed program starting Wed. I love "Voluntaries" and by Sunday afternoon (including the Bruhn competition performance) will have managed to see it three times! Unfortunately (even though I love Alex and Greta) it will be the same cast for each show. Oh well.....

You know, I had completely forgotten that Tina Pereira was a replacement for B. Zehr! How awful of me!! :blush:

I see that Zehr will be dancing in this coming week's program, so hopefully she is on the mend now. :clapping:

I agree with you Noreen - KK can't ignore the performances that Pereira has given of late!!

I just wanted to add that although Ms. Pereira replaced Bridgett Zehr for the Bruhn, she was not a replacement for the role of Katherina.

Oh - then I got it wrong somehow. I was sure the announcement I saw announcing Pereira was replacing Zehr for the competition also said she was replacing her in "Shrew". Perhaps the particular announcement I read was ambiguously worded.