This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

HOLA from Madrid, Spain

PsFs

So nice to see I am one among others participating on this site from Spain :) , where we are getting excited about the 2 new classical ballet companies in the process of being born! :wink:

I am already a member of BalletTalk for dancers, being the mother of one who did her training in Spain, but somehow I was not aware that this was a separate site from that one. So I am glad to be able to participate in both.

Hasta luego!

BalletTalk for Dancers is our "sister board." We are separated by the footlights, you might say. This board is the viewers, BT4D is the doers. :)

We're watching developments in Spain very avidly and hoping there are resources to sustain two active companies. How great would that be!

Glad you're here, PsFs. :wink: Welcome.

Actually, I am American but have lived here for almost 17 years and feel more Spanish than American anymore--my dancing daughter, although she was born in the US, presents herself as Spanish to her Indiana University ballet classmates since culturally she IS. She was only 2 when we moved here, and she would dearly like to come back and dance in Spain, if not Europe. so, I agree: let's hope that the Madrid area and the rest of Spain can sustain 2 world-class classical companies!! I'm all for it!! :huepfen024: