This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

world ballet competition orlando florida

Here are awards from the 2007's competition:

( as posted on their web site)

PRE-COMPETITIVE DIVISION

ALLIE PARSONS, USA - GOLD MEDAL-$300

ARIELLE MARTIN, USA – SILVER MEDAL-$200

SAREEN TCHEKMEDYIAN, USA - BRONZE MEDAL-$100

JUNIOR DIVISON

WHITNEY JENSEN, USA - GOLD MEDAL-$2500

YUKI OGASAWARA, USA - SILVER MEDAL-$1500

NANA YAMATINI, JAPAN - BRONZE MEDAL-$750

SENIOR DIVISION-FEMALE

NATALIA DOMRACHEVA, UKRAINE - GOLD MEDAL-$7000

NO SILVER MEDAL AWARDED

MENJI NAM, KOREA - BRONZE MEDAL-$3000

Senior Division - Male

JOSEPH GATTI, USA-GOLD MEDAL - $7000

AVETIK KARAPETYAN, ARMENIA - SILVER MEDAL-$5000

ANDREY PISAREV, UKRAINE - BRONZE MEDAL-$3000

ENSEMBLE AWARD

CENTRAL FLORIDA BALLET ACADEMY, “GAITIE PARISIANNE” - BRONZE MEDAL-$1000

CHOREOGRAPHY AWARD

VIKTOR PLOTINIKOV, “FALL”-$2000

Congratulations to all the competitors!

What a collection of medals Joe Gatti is amassing!

I searched for the website hoping for photos. All I found there was one of each winning Senior group (Female and Male) medalists, all faces beaming, at the awards ceremony. Still, better than nothing.

Thanks again, Robin!

Actually, there is a Photo Gallery, where they require you to register & log in to view photos. It doesn't cost anything to register, but it is a little cumbersome, and none of the photos are labeled as to which dancers are whom! (was that correct?? )

Home page of WBC Orlando

Also, under "Press" there is an article that includes a nice photo of Larissa Ponomarenko & James Whiteside performing Viktor Plotnikov's "Tension and Beauty" :

Tension and Beauty

Carbo...If you go to www.wbcorlando.com and then to the left of the page press photo gallery you will find lots of photos of the competitors.

Also in the Orlando Sentinel there is a review of the Gala afterwards with 2 nice pictures!

www.orlandosentinel.com and then press in the search box 'ballet stars' and you'll get the review...sorry I couldn't make it easier.

I attended the entire Senior round and some of the Juniors too. It was a great start for a competition that seems to be on its way up and running. It certainly was a success in my eyes from the many talented competitors to the impressive judges that were involved. Hopefully in the future WBC will shine more of a spotlight on Orlando as a cultural destination not only a sports minded city! The Gala was particularly impressive as far as Galas go with the variety of dance styles and guest artists. From Rasta Thomas and his contemporary pieces to Sasha Redetsky dancing Pas D'Esclave from Corsaire to all the competitors... it was just a wonderful evening of dance! Great job for a first year WBC Orlando!