This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Teatro Colon

The Teatro Colon put up its schedule for 2007 - it is only available in Spanish as of now at http://www.teatrocolon.org.ar/programacion...07/ballet07.htm - if you have even survival Spanish like mine you should be able to decipher it.

The Colon is closed for renovations in preparation for its centennial celebrations in 2008 so performances are scattered throughout the city. The most novel to me are in December - a triple bill including Paquita, William Dollar's "The Combat" and Jack Carter's "The Wild Boy" - two ballets that disappeared from American repertories at least three decades ago.

As much as I want to go back to Buenos Aires, I'll probably wait until the Colon reopens. It's a grand edifice; I want to see something there.

The Teatro Colon put up its schedule for 2007 - it is only available in Spanish as of now at http://www.teatrocolon.org.ar/programacion...07/ballet07.htm - if you have even survival Spanish like mine you should be able to decipher it.

The Colon is closed for renovations in preparation for its centennial celebrations in 2008 so performances are scattered throughout the city. The most novel to me are in December - a triple bill including Paquita, William Dollar's "The Combat" and Jack Carter's "The Wild Boy" - two ballets that disappeared from American repertories at least three decades ago.

As much as I want to go back to Buenos Aires, I'll probably wait until the Colon reopens. It's a grand edifice; I want to see something there.

The Wild Boy?

The Wild Boy!

I thought it was gone forever...

I only know it from "Balanchine's Festival of Ballet"

Isn't it funny though, sometimes repertory can hide in pockets where it hasn't been crowded out by newer pieces.

Are either pieces worth going to Buenos Aires to see? Not that Buenos Aires needs any excuse to go visit. I fell in love with it at first sight.

The Wild Boy?

The Wild Boy!

I thought it was gone forever...

I thought the same about The Combat!!!!

It just goes to show you that you never know.