This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

POB Swan Lake DVD coming in early 2007

The POB Swan Lake that was filmed last year will be released by Opus Arte in 2007. It's listed for European release on 1/1/07 at the Opus Arte web site and for American release in February 2007 at this website.

Here's Opus Arte's page for it, which includes casting details, photos and a link to a video clip that does not yet exist (it usually goes up about a month before release):

http://www.opusarte.com/pages/product.asp?ProductID=182

I'm excited about this release - I think Letestu's Odette/Odile could be really great, and I'm excited to see the POB corps here as well.

This is Rudolf Nureyev's later production of Swan Lake, which differs from his earlier version that is on DVD/video with Margot Fonteyn and the Vienna State Opera Ballet. The Paris production includes restoration of Odette's mime in the lakeside scene (which I for one am pleased about) and the obligatory (for Nureyev) extra male variations. For anyone interested to know more about the production, also check out the documentary Etoiles: Dancers of the Paris Opera Ballet - available on Netflix and Amazon - which interviews and goes behind the scenes with many of the dancers as they rehearse for Nureyev's Swan Lake.