This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Allegra Kent in Vogue

Petra

Allegra Kent has written an article for the Oct issue of US Vogue (with Sandra Bullock on the cover). It's for the 'nostalgia' section - there's a reprint of a picture of Kent in Vogue in 1961 - part of a 9 page photo-article (!!!) shot by Bert Stern - and Kent writes about her memories of that era. I love Kent's written 'voice'. :dry:

Also, the October issue of US Marie Claire (with Sarah Jessica Parker on the cover) features Jennie Somogyi in an article on women who use their bodies in special ways (swimmer, violinist, tri-athlete, etc.). I love the close-up of her feet - 6th position en pointe, with one bare foot.

It's very interesting to compare the way dancers were portrayed in 1961 with the way they are portrayed now.

Enjoyed this article in Vogue. Kent writes well and is easily understood. And of course who on this board doesn't love reading the thoughts of one of the great ballet dancers of our time??

Didn't Kent write one or two articles for Dance Magazine recently? I enjoyed those as well.

Didn't Kent write one or two articles for Dance Magazine recently? I enjoyed those as well.

The October 2005 Dance Magazine issue has a piece written by Kent about coaching La Sonnambula to Miami City Ballet dancers. Here's a quick quote,

"Over 40 years ago in Moscow, Mr. B had taken the candle from me to demonstrate this section by running towards the brink of the vast stage of the Kremlin's New Congress Theater. While flying forward, he called out "Step over the footlights," and did so himself. For one second, I thought Mr. B was going to die, but he didn't, instead he gave the candle back to me. Balanchine possessed the brakes of a Rolls Royce." :clapping: