This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Celia Franca: Tour de Force

FYI:

(from company website)

"Celia Franca film premiere

The National Ballet of Canada invites you to join Celia Franca and Karen Kain for the world premiere screening of a new documentary film by Veronica Tennant, C.C.

Celia Franca: Tour de Force .

On Tuesday, October 3, Veronica Tennant will unveil her film at the Carlu, the site of the Eaton Auditorium where The National Ballet of Canada made its debut on November 12, 1951. The film documents the life of Celia Franca and her tenacity in establishing the National Ballet in just ten months. It includes never-seen-before footage as well as interviews with Ms. Franca and other dance luminaries.

After the screening, mingle with alumni of the National Ballet and other special guests as we pay special tribute to Miss Franca and her dedication and vision in founding The National Ballet of Canada.

The Carlu

College Park (College Subway), 444 Yonge Street, 7 th Floor

Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 6:00pm, with reception to follow.

Tickets are $50 each

Space is limited. Please call 416-345-9595 by September 22.

This evening is sponsored by Burgundy Asset Management.

Celia Franca: Tour de Force is produced by Sound Venture Productions. Celia Franca: Tour de Force Special Features DVD is produced by Veronica Tennant Productions and Sound Venture Productions and has been made possible with the generous support of Donald Ross and David Banks."

Where I live this show was listed to air on Sunday the 22nd. It didn't.

In fact, the television guide in the Globe and Mail actually had TWO different programs listed to air at the same time on the 22nd. Grr.

Thankfully there is Ballet Talk, and I also know that Bravo tends to air dance programs on Monday evenings. So...I'll turn in again tonight (this time the sattelite actually gives me hope that the Celia Franca show will air)....and hope for the best!

m2