This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New "Dancer on Dancer" article on nycballet.com

Dale

I think Krohn's breakthrough last season was a display of her intelligence. In the interview she speaks of "La Valse" as a role she'd like to dance. I think she'd be amazing!

Didn't Krohn dance the Third Variation in Divert. 15 at the SAB-Vaganova Lecture Demonstration at B.A.M. a few years ago? I remember being struck by the beautiful phrasing of that variation in particular.

Not only was I overjoyed to read this article because Rebecca has been one of my favorite dancers in the company for the past 7 years, or because I saw her dance nearly every role last season and don't need coaxing to state that I think she is an amazing artist who stands out in principle roles just as she always stood out for me in the corps, or because she is approachable and friendly has has become a role model for me (along with Wendy :).) But also, this was the most well written article that I have read about ballet in a long time, and Pauline deserves mention as another of the company's most valuable and talented artists. Have a wonderful season everyone!