This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Producing Male Dancers

If you visit the South Bronx (SoBo) you can see that "dance" is everywhere in the hip hop culture and especially among young boys. It is the more formal dance and especially the esoteric ballet which is a performance art as opposed to a recreational type of dance... as ballroom or other popular social dancing.. where the "problem" lies.

This is an "image" thing perhaps... one that appeals to young girls but not to young boys.

My 11 year old son is currently a student at the Washington School of Ballet. He was at the Kirov Academy over the summer and loved it. I know he wants to go there as a year-round student next fall, (he was offered a space this year), but I'm not sure about this. I'm not a dancer and could really use some advice about both programs. The posts about male dancers have been really helpful. Thank you.

mom1962 you might find a tremendous amount of information on Ballet Talk for Dancers regarding various schools. Please click on the link above to investigate the opportunities on this sister board!

:angel_not:

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to register on BT for Dancers to read about schools.