This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kathryn Morgan Debut

Did anyone see Kathryn Morgan's Juliet debut yesterday in Saratoga?

From today's links, the review gave a small mention:

...Robbins' "Andantino" featured Megan Fairchild and Joaquin de Luz; Sean Lavery's "Romeo and Julie" showcased Kathryn Morgan and Tyler Angle. The satisfying performances were expressive but not overly showy.

I've also heard it was a success, but join you in hoping for a live report.

I attended Tuesday night and thought Kathryn's performance was wonderful. I've seen R&J several times and it was interesting to see Juliet played by someone so young this time. I felt this really added something special to the emotion of the dancing. Tuesday night's crowd was the largest I've seen this season at SPAC and during the intermission, I heard many people commenting on how much they liked her performance.

It's good to hear that Kathryn did a good job in R&J. I personally have never been a big fan of her dancing. She isn't clean enough for me (she doesn't ever hit 5th...) and so I was very stocked to see that she was going to be performing such a big part so quickly. Don't get me wrong, she is a beautiful dancer, I just think they could have waited a while before casting her. I don't think she was ready...

Does anyone else feel the same way?

It's good to hear that Kathryn did a good job in R&J. I personally have never been a big fan of her dancing. She isn't clean enough for me (she doesn't ever hit 5th...) and so I was very stocked to see that she was going to be performing such a big part so quickly. Don't get me wrong, she is a beautiful dancer, I just think they could have waited a while before casting her. I don't think she was ready...

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I must gently disagree. I saw her in the 2005 SAB workshop, and she was so stunning that Iwrote her a note saying she would be IN NYCB in 2006.

To me she is fabulous.

Jim

I'm with you, Jim. We don't expect her to be a finished dancer yet. In fact, one of the joys of watching a dancer grow up is to be there during the process.

How very true! I have been fortunate enough to watch Kathryn (Katie to us) develop into an exquisite young dancer; it was evident quite early on that she was very special. We in Mobile have been delighted, though in no way surprised, at her success, and our young students and company members were thrilled to have her back in class with them this week. Watching her is a treat, and following her career will be exciting.