This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

looking for swan lake music

I am not sure if this is in the right location to ask, but I am looking for the waltz music in Swan Lake right after the HARP music with the white swans AND the black swans. I would like to know which CD has this....it is the part where the black and white swans walk forward in long lines using beautiful epaulement, there are 4 girls as demi-soloists and then the lead. Any help is appreciated.

I believe that what you are looking for is the "valse bleuette", which was a Tchaikovsky piano piece orchestrated by Drigo and interpolated into Act IV, which has always been dicey, dramatically and choreographically speaking. That's why so many ballet masters muck about with it.

I believe that what you are looking for is the "valse bleuette", which was a Tchaikovsky piano piece orchestrated by Drigo and interpolated into Act IV, which has always been dicey, dramatically and choreographically speaking. That's why so many ballet masters muck about with it.

I'll look for that in the old Russian orchestra scores that are 'In Transit' to me from Lincoln Center Library, and can then maybe figure that out from some CD's if you don't find out beforehand. This would interest me to do anyway, and I can't believe they let these 1952 Soviet scores out 'interlibrary' like this. I've already had a marvelous time with the FOUR 'Sleeping Beauty' scores while watching the 1994 RB tape. That's fairly straightforward even with cuts. I'd imagine 'Swan Lake' will be about the same, but these old orchestra scores are an incredible pleasure to look down at and then look up and see what's going on (if you've already seen the film.) However, if 'Bleuette' is a piano piece, it may not be in the orchestra score, in which case I know there's a piano score available there too that I was planning to take a long look at.

However, if 'Bleuette' is a piano piece, it may not be in the orchestra score, in which case I know there's a piano score available there too that I was planning to take a long look at.

The Valse bluette is from the last collection of piano pieces Tchaikovsky published (as are the two other interpolations of Drigo).

Tchaikovsky: Valse-bluette, Op. 72, No. 11 (E-flat major)

It is easily available in published editions of Tchaikovsky's piano music.

Drigo's orchestration was also published, although copies of the score are mightily scarce.

PHENBY

Drigo's orchestration was also published, although copies of the score are mightily scarce.

PHENBY

PHENBY--would these old orchestra scores be Drigo's? They're all in Russian, with a few of the pieces' titles in French, but even the names I can't read. This is how it reads in the library catalog, although I have only 'Sleeping Beauty' at hand--but its catalog listing also says 'Language: English' and there's not an English word in sight, so I assume the 'Swan Lake' here will be the same, with no English; this has to be a mistake.

Baletnoe tvorchestvo: Lebedinoe ozero.

by Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893.

Moskva, Gos. Muzykalʹnoe Izd-vo., 1958.

Call #: Mu 785.2 T

# Subjects Ballets -- Scores

# Orchestral music -- Scores

# Series (Polnoe sobranie sochineniĭ, t. 11A, B)

Uniform Title:

Swan lake

Responsibility:

Tom podgotovlen I. Iordan i G. Kirkorom.

Language:

English

Description:

score (2v.) facsims., port. 30cm.

Related Title:

Lebedinoe ozero.

Contents:

v.A. Acts 1-2.-v.B. Acts 3-4.

re: the CD track that has this music as requested in the initial post, i believe it's track 15 on the fedotov swanlake recording originally put out by JVC but reissued by ?

i know there were a number of threads about this recording and i THINK it was said to have been recently re-released.

perhaps searching for fedotov and swan lake on amazon will bring up this 2-CD set, originally entitled: THE SWAN LAKE, COMPLETE

Thanks for all this information, rg, mel, and Phenby, even though I didn't first ask for it. NYPL has both the CD's you mentioned in Drigo edition and yet more scores, including the Drigo edition from 1895--both of which I just put holds on.

1) Swan lake complete /by Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893.

Los Angeles, CA : JVC Classics, p1995.

Call #: C-T24s

Subjects

• Ballets -- Sound recordings.

• Orchestral music

Uniform Title: Swan lake

Format: [sound recording] :

Responsibility: Tchaikovsky ; Petipe, Ivanov, Drigo edition, 1895.

Description: 2 sound discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.

Notes: Compact discs.

Ballet in 3 acts, 4 scenes.

Recorded: Oct. 21-28, 1994 at the Classical Music Studio in St. Petersburg.

Performers: Marinsky Theatre Orchestra, St. Petersburg ; Victor Fedotov, conductor.

Additional Authors: Fedotov, Viktor.

Leningradskiĭ gosudarstvennyĭ akademicheskiĭ teatr opery i baleta imeni S.M. Kirova. Orkestr

Dynix #: 1295983

Music #: JVCC-6500-2 JVC Classics

Holdings: Reservable Copies: 5 Number of Holds: 1

2) The swan lake ballet.by Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893.

New York, Broude [c1951]

Call #: Mu 785.2 T

Subjects

• Ballets -- Scores

Uniform Title: Swan lake

Responsibility: Le lac des cygnes, grand ballet en 4 actes. Op. 20.

Language: English

Description: vi p., score (685p.) 28cm.

Related Title: Le Lac des Cygnes.

Notes: For orchestra.

Synopsis in Russian and French: p.[ii]-vi.

"Numeros [op. 72, no. 11, 12, 15] intercalés dans le ballet par l'auteur lui-méme, arr. pour orchestre par R. Drigo": p.636-685.

Prefatory material and main text (p.3-635) apparently reproduced from the edition published by P. Jurgenson, Moscow, 1895? pl. no. 4432.

Dynix #: 804887

NNBR#: 730068497

LCCN#: 52026401

Holdings: Reservable Copies: 1 Number of Holds: 0

It took me awhile to get back to this post that I put up in regards to a specific section in Swan Lake....thank you SO much for all this information. Every post after mine was not only informative, but made me SO appreciative of all of the professional people that know Ballet History and ballet music scores. I will begin my research on all of this information, and hopefully that Fedotov swan lake recording has it. I will have to search for this specific cd on Amazon. Many thanks for all the help....now, on to find this recording hopefully orchestrated. :D