This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I was wondering if anyone knows what the latest news is regarding "Ondine" being released onto DVD. Natalia mentioned in another thread something to the affect that one of the reasons the production went through was so it could be filmed and released (pardon me if Im mistaken)

I hope the Mariinsky doesnt take to long - I want to see this ballet so badly - I was lucky enough to see clips online of the "Grand Pas des Naiads" - AWESOME!

---Solor

Solor, due to Vishneva's pull-out from the ballet, the likelihood of the DVD project going through is slim. There are NO current plans to produce a DVD of 'Ondine.' We can strike that one off our lists until further notified.

Until the June 10 debuts of Novikova & Shklyarov in the main roles, only Obraztsova and Sarafanov had led the ballet. Local reviews for the new pair were lukewarm -- OK but no comparison to the charm and technique (ballon and fast footwork) of the original couple.