This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

northern plains ballet- ND

Does anyone know anything about Northern Plains Ballet in Bismark, ND? My daughter sent her resume and CD and they want her to come audition. Is it worth the plane ticket? She has been a trainee for 2 years at a respected professional medium size ballet company and has performed with them extensively.

I checked their website, which seems partly under construction. Anyway, I could only access a portion of the information. I hope someone else can help out more. Here's the link:

http://www.npb.org/

Good luck to your daughter!

I had already checked out their website and found it strange that they do not have the dancers listed or dates of their performances. Would love to find out any other information about the company or the director- his last name is Noa.

balletgirl22sk -- Hmmm, I see the problem. Unless things have changed, you are supposed to be able to view most parts of BT4D --including the thread linked here -- without registering. However, I just tried that, and got an error message. I'll mention it to the administrators.

balletgirl22sk -- Hmmm, I see the problem. Unless things have changed, you are supposed to be able to view most parts of BT4D --including the thread linked here -- without registering. However, I just tried that, and got an error message. I'll mention it to the administrators.

Thanks. I ended up registering and changing my password since I couldn't remember it and was able to read about NPB. Sounds like somewhere I don't want her to bother auditioning for.

[Donning Moderator's beanie]

This discussion has the potential to touch on matters that are not allowed on this board. Just a reminder to please refrain from posting information that does not come from an official source.

Thanks for your discretion.

[Doffing beanie]

[Please pass the Moderator's beanie, carbro]

To the extent that you want to know about working conditions at the company, this conversation should be taken over to BT4D. That is the board for dancers, dance training, and dance careers. This board is about WATCHING ballet. Information or opinions about repertoire or style would be appropriate here.

[Moderator's beanie freed for use elsewhere]