This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Unknown Dancers In These Old Photos

1.the dancer w/ tambourine is from BAYADERKA - her surname is harder to read.

2. this dancer w/ tambourine has POLYAKOVA - a classmate of karsavina's - printed on the card, tho' the owner has scribbled it out, claiming a different dancer in unclear writing.

3. perhaps an actress from the drama theater - i've seen at least 3 or 4 of the nine muses in similarly posed cards, perhaps they were taken just for 'classical' theme cards.

4.S.(as is Sofia) V. Fedorova II - unidentified role.

5. Elsa Vill in unidentified sprite? role.

6. as pointed out Koralli & Mordkin in perhaps PHARAOH'S DAUGHTER?

3. perhaps an actress from the drama theater - i've seen at least 3 or 4 of the nine muses in similarly posed cards, perhaps they were taken just for 'classical' theme cards.

Terpsichore a ballet of Petipa's - ballet in 1 act. music Pugni, 11-15-1861 Tsarskoe Selo, court perfromance (-Garafola's 'diaries')

petipa's TERPSICHORE was done as divertissement for tsarkoe 'selo in in 1861, my russian ref. books give no ref. to any further stagings - the terpichore card, as noted which seems to be from a series of all nine muses, i've seen at least 3 or other muses similarly posed and documented in postcards. all these women look less like the era's ballet artists and more like those connected to the drama or opera theaters.