This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Next Apollo, Orpheus, Prodigal Son

Sticking with a young Apollo, the Muses I'd pick for Hall would be Reichlen/Hyltin/Scheller.
Each would look good with Hall, but I think there's too much height discrepancy between Reichlen on the one hand and Hyltin and Scheller on the other to make a good trio of muses.

Agreed. Reichlin, Bar, Krohn with Hall and Scheller, Hyltin, Peck with Tyler Angle?

I can't understand why he [Hall] wasn't promoted to soloist with the recent Group of Nine.

It could just be that his breakthrough performances were too late in the season to make the promotions list.

Scheller, Hyltin, Peck

Very nicely matched "small" trio of Apollo Muses, NYSusan. But do you think the Terpsichore of this trio might be Sterling Hyltin? Perhaps I'm being overly influenced by her lyrical performance in Divertimento 15, and that arabesque:

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/arts/...-arts-headlines

I can't understand why he [Hall] wasn't promoted to soloist with the recent Group of Nine.

It could just be that his breakthrough performances were too late in the season to make the promotions list.

Scheller, Hyltin, Peck

Very nicely matched "small" trio of Apollo Muses, NYSusan. But do you think the Terpsichore of this trio might be Sterling Hyltin? Perhaps I'm being overly influenced by her lyrical performance in Divertimento 15, and that arabesque:

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/arts/...-arts-headlines

drb I agree that Hyltin is a very lyrical dancer and would make a lovely Terpischore but Scheller has such a gorgeous quality to her dancing, and such beautiful phrasing that I decided it's her Terpischore I'd like to see. With Peck as Polyhymnia and Hyltin as Calliope. Scheller is another case where I don't understand why she wasn't among th new soloists...

Adding to the lament of Hall being overlooked, as I've been appreciative of his ability to dance not only from the neck-down but also with his face, I cast another vote for Apollo.

I'd like to see Scheller as the siren in a little while. I think that she has the capacity to inhabit the role with a steely resolve.