This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2006-2007 Season

sandik

The company just sent round their press release for next year -- here are the highlights:

OBT Exposed!  August 2006  South Park Blocks  Free

Fall Program  October 14 ˆ 21, 2006  Keller Auditorium  with Full Orchestra

The Four Temperaments (1946) George Balanchine/Paul Hindemith

Adin (2004) Christopher Stowell/Serge Rachmaninov

The Concert (1956) Jerome Robbins/Frederic Chopin

4T’s and The Concert are company premieres -- Adin is a revival

George Balanchine‚s The NutcrackerTM  December 8 ˆ 24, 2006  Keller Auditorium  with Full Orchestra

Winter Program  March 3 ˆ 10, 2007  Keller Auditorium

A Peter Martins Ballet Company premiere

A Helgi Tomasson Ballet World premiere

A Kent Stowell Ballet World premiere

Spring Program  April 27 ˆ May 5, 2007  Newmark Theatre

Apollo (1928) George Balanchine/Igor Stravinsky

il nodo (2004) Julia Adam/Renaissance dances

Eyes on You (2005) Christopher Stowell/Cole Porter

Apollo is a company premiere, the Adams and the Stowell are revivals

Early Summer Program  June 8 ˆ 10, 2007  Keller Auditorium  with Full Orchestra

Firebird (2004) Yuri Possokhov/Igor Stravinsky

Sleeping Beauty, Act III (1890) Christopher Stowell after Marius Petipa/

Peter Ilych Tchaikovsky

Firebird is a revival, SB is a new version

Thanks, Leigh!

It looks like Stowell's strategy might be the same here as for Swan Lake: present the big party scene with lots of divertissements and the big pas de deux and variations for a first viewing. For Swan Lake, this will turn into a full-length the following season (this June).

I'm trying to envision the Vision scene, etc. as a stand-alone act, and it just isn't working for me. But the music for it has been playing in my head for the past few days.

I've never seen Swan Lake's Act III on its own, but it should work as a suite of divertissements. I just don't know how you would deal with the Rothbart factor, the apparition of Odette, or bringing it to a satisfying conclusion. When it's part of the full ballet, you don't need the big dance for the full company. It's a cliff-hanger

:clapping: I am really, really sorry. I just couldn't think of another way to state it. :giveup:

I've never seen Swan Lake's Act III on its own, but it should work as a suite of divertissements. I just don't know how you would deal with the Rothbart factor, the apparition of Odette, or bringing it to a satisfying conclusion.

I don't remember what else was on the program in Fall of '04, but the audience seemed to think SL Act III stood on its own very well, including the cliffhanger ending.

I'm really looking forward to the full production.

Edited by XTX