This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Le Clercq television program on videocassette

as alerted by Mme. Hermine, i have learned that the 1952 television version of A CANDLE FOR ST. JUDE is for sale on ebay as a BUY IT NOW offering, which, for those unfamiliar with ebay's methods, means that one can simply buy the item outright w/o going through an auction/highest-bid process.

for anyone interested, type in key words: CANDLE ST. JUDE WESTINGHOUSE - which figure in the listing's title and you'll be able to assess the offering and proceed as you prefer. the offering started at 100 of these videos for sale so there are a good number available.

i saw this years ago on someone else's tape, as i recall leclercq is prominent, but i'm fuzzy on what exactly the show entailed; i've ordered this but haven't got it yet. i'm just happy to be able to get hold of it. whatever it shows i'll be happy to have it. sorry i can't tell more. maybe there are reviews somewhere?

As rg said, I'll be happy to have anything with LeClercq in it....I like all the Rumer Godden novels involving ballet. She did some excellent ones for children, as well as adults. For a few years she taught dance.....

Thank you, rg, for the alert as to availability of this video.

here is what the library has on this program. Choreography is by Ruthanna Boris and the story is by Rumer Godden.

(56 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.

Originally telecast live on Westinghouse Studio One, CBS-TV, on February 4, 1952.

Credits

Sets, Richard Rychtarik.

Cast Lili Darvas (Madame Holbein), Tanaquil Le Clercq (Hilda), Marc Platt (Lionel Ross), Betty Low (Caroline Morrow), Frances Fuller (Ilse), Sydney Smith (Felix), Zamah Cunningham (Zanny), Elaine Fowler (Lollie), and others.

Summary

Backstage drama about a small ballet company; contains many brief rehearsal scenes and a short ballet.