This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

:D

To all the members from ballet talk I wish everyone a happy prosperous healthy, and a life full of love. and that your wishes may be granted in 2006.

On the first day of the year I saw Funny girl with Barbra Streisand, and to my dismay, and to the furtherance in procuring thunderous laughs, I saw, swimming, by some funny looking swans with full sails heading somewhere, with the star a little plump, dancing the swan in charge. My jaw is still hurting very much so from 10 minutes full laughter. Whatever did I see? I was so preoccupied with a handkerchief procuring ever tear falling to the floor, that the substance of what was going on , is totally lost to me.

Can anyone enlighten me concerning this funny little dance, who staged it ,who where the rest of the dancers, etc.

That was really a good beginning for me this first day in 2006.

Walboi :lol::yahoo:

This was an interpolation to the original Funny Girl script.  The choreography was by Herbert Ross, who knew a thing or two about Swan Lake, having been an American Ballet Theatre dancer-choreographer and the husband of ballerina Nora Kaye.

Thank you, that is very helpfull, what of the dancers in the background, do you know who they where? That Herbert Ross did this choreography surprised me and delighted my sparse knowledge of him.

Walboi :yahoo: