This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I am trying to locate a copy of the DVD.  I placed my order with Amazon on July 11 and I am waiting very impatiently for it.  The last delivery date I had was for Nov. 2--and it has been put off again :(  Is there any hope of finding it elsewhere?

(Edited to remove reference to non-Amazon.com retailer.)

I just checked Amazon.com, and the problem is that the DVD is listed twice! One is listed as "special order" or out of stock, while the other is listed as in stock and will likely ship in 24 hours. The one in stock is $29.68.

Problem solved!

Many thanks for your replies---Amazon did e-mail me and said I was one step ahead of them--their supplier is late (again!) and the new delivery date is early December. (I have tried to find it elsewhere, but no luck---Amazon has managed to placate me by offering free one-day service :(

As DSanderson mentioned - Amazon seems to be mistakenly offering two versions. One looks like the European release, the other the American release - both look exactly the same, except one will actually be shipped to you while the other involves considerably more complications.

I received my copy within a week of ordering, during the first week of release. Check to make sure you have ordered the one that says "Ships within 24 hours" and not the one that says "Special Order."

One you should order:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009Y26A...&s=dvd&v=glance

One you should not:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009ETDC...&s=dvd&v=glance

Of course, when ordering - make sure to link off of the amazon.com banner on this web site, so that BalletTalk gets a kick back!!

This keeps getting more curious---after reading these last few replies, I have contacted Amazon again (for the third time). I tried to get it at the Performing Arts Shop at Lincoln Center, but no luck. I have taken refuge in the DVD of Zakharova's 'Swan Lake'.

This keeps getting more curious---after reading these last few replies, I have contacted Amazon again (for the third time).  I tried to get it at the Performing Arts Shop at Lincoln Center, but no luck.  I have taken refuge in the DVD of Zakharova's 'Swan Lake'.

Perhaps it's time to give up on Amazon and try another retailer? :)

For example, CD Universe has this for $25.99: Pharaoh's Daughter

Dana

Although we're really happy when Ballet Talkers purchase using the amazon.com link above because it generates a little bit of income for us, if amazon does not carry an item, if amazon can't deliver in a timely manner, or if the item is offered through third-party, and you don't feel comfortable ordering from it, please don't hesitate to order from a different site. It's better that you get the DVD/book/tape etc. and enjoy the performance.