This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

'Leninsky Prospect' -- a new novel

I once rented a room on Leninsky Prospect, a very long street in the south of Moscow. It' built without storm drains and consequently turns into a lake in autumn. But having read the review and the samples of the author's prose. I think I'll give reading this one a miss.

I once rented a room on Leninsky Prospect, a very long street in the south of Moscow. It' built without storm drains and consequently turns into a lake in autumn. But having read the review and the samples of the author's prose. I think I'll give reading this one a miss.

I can't imagine why, Mashinka, and I have pasted the passage from the link in case someone felt clicking on another link might be too wearying:

"They dived into the subliminal marriage of their flesh which no one else could be privy to… skins interlacing with smudges of sweat, tawny, alabaster; breasts dallied with; a torso rising, turning; hairs prickling at their ends and tangled with eagerness. Even the mewling pant of joy might have been recognised, labelled. But it would not have been felt, understood." "

Thank you, dirac, for linking to this with your typical ability to remain non-judgmental, as I felt like Clint Eastwood back in Carmel-mayoral moments, although I don't know how frequently he uttered 'Make My Day', told people how wonderful it was how they'd done it, sat back with satisfaction at his desk, called Sondra on the phone since they were going together at the time--and why? why? didn't they ever get married? she of co-starring roles in 'the Gauntlet' and Rosemary Clooeny fact-based TV movies? She was worried. Surely. And what was she worried about? She was worried about disaster? Was I worried? Yes. I was terrified someone would think I wrote like that too... :flowers::rofl::thanks::jawdrop::smilie_mondieu: