This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Library of American Choreographers Series

FYI -- there is a new set of short books out dealing with American choreographers. I picked up the Limon book and the back cover states that the other choreographers in the series are Alvin Ailey, George Balanchine, Agnes DeMille, Bob Fosse, Martha Graham, Jerome Robbins and Twyla Tharp.

While the books appear to be geared toward a younger reader (if the Limon book is any indication), I thought the Limon book made for a decent primer on Humphrey-Limon, regardless of age. And there was a great photo on p. 42 of Limon, Lucia Chase, Alicia Markova and Jerome Robbins receiving their Dance Magazine awards in 1958. It made me think that the old time religion ain't what it used to be . . .

Cllick the Amazon link above and type in "Library of American Choreographers" in the "Books" category. You'll find several. Publisher is listed as Rosen Central (variously, Rosen Publishing Group). 48 pp. each.

Release 5/05: Fosse

Release 8/1/05: DeMille, Balanchine, Graham, Robbins, Ailey

Relese 9/1/05: Tharp

Thanks, miliosr, for your brief review. Has anyone else seen one or more of the series and care to comment?