This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Fountain of Bachisarai May 10 w/Sergei Popov

The casting for the Fountain of Bachisarai tomorrow includes Sergei Popov as Vaslav alongside Daria Sokhorukova as Maria. I found him quite noticeable in the in the perfomances that I attended, not only due to his height but also for his manner and lines, and felt he did not belong in the corps. I was wondering if he had danced other principal roles and if other balletomanes had noticed him as well. Is anyone planning on attending tomorrow?

And apart from the Grand Pas in Raymonda a few weeks ago (Nioradze was Raymonda), he has been in the corps since he graduated five years ago. I have never seen Fountain's first act, but I hope that Vaslav's role will suit his looks and show his abilities.

We don't think that Serghey Popov has danced main roles before. We have seen him only in the corps and sometimes in second roles and in "coriphees" roles.

Unfortunately we didn't attend this performance of " Bakhcisarai" but it is difficult for us to imagine S. Popov in main roles. We think he is not quite ready for them yet. He has a very nice face but he is still technically faible with a too skinny legs without muscles. Besides his actor play is not still convincing.

Maybe is still early for him. Let's wait . :)