This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Four Temperaments

I think the outcome has a lot to do with the lucky number at the bottom (I didn't understand that question at all). The first time I did it at the end I picked that my "lucky number" was above 50% and I was Sanguinic, which was opposite of most of my selections. I filled in the same answers then picked that my "lucky number" was below 50% and ended up as Choloric, which was more in tune with my answers. Go figure.

I wondered about the lucky number thing too, Dale (mine is also under 50 -- but I wondered, "50 percent of what?"

And Clare, I thought the Hitler was a cheap shot on their part. He's not exactly a Middle Ager!

Off to take some milk thistle for the bile......

If you don't answer anything else, "Lucky number < 50%" always returns choleric, and "lucky number > 50% always returns sanguinic. "Always" meaning "after a couple of tries each way."

For the record, I was choleric. Has anyone gotten anything either of the other two temperaments?

Another choleric!

As to the magic number, I was also puzzled but it turns out that while you tick the answers, the machine counts them for you so before you click on the last question, go to the top of the page and it will tell you the magic number. Then you click on the appropriate "magic number" at the bottom of the page. Mine was 35% so I clicked on "My magic # is less than 50%"

Best,

Iza

It pegged me to a "T" (except for that bit about being a follower and that other bit about not being satisfied with individual projects), skewed or not :blink:, including my favourite colour and season.

I'm a sanguine!

Living in the "Age of Faith", I am told by this test that I could be a housewife with a very happy family (check!), or other things -- many of which I have been in my life -- like shopkeeper, artisan, and farmer (well, make that gardener in my case).

Thanks, Alexandra, that was fun.

P.S.

And with this post I'm also bronze, as in Bronze Circle!

Like Gina, I landed right at the midpoint, and I opted to click "greater than . . . " Must have chosen right, because

Sanguines are characterized by the element of Air, . . .
and I was born under Libra, an Air sign. :D

If I had come up Choleric, it would have been proof of a glitch -- either in the interpretation or the software.

carbro...I tried "greater than", too! I'm a Pisces, but my moon is in Aquarius, very "air"...the "moon" sign represents the mask you wear in this life...(my first love was the student of a very famous S.F. astrologer)yeah...I ran around in bell bottoms with bare feet...this stuff has always held a fascination for me... :D

After a (needed) night's sleep -- and after re-reading previous posts and learning what that "magic number" really means -- I find I am transformed into a sanguine.

Has anyone actually danced both Choleric and Sanguine at diferent stages of her career?

Alternatively, is there a fifth humour comparable to Schizophrenic?

Melancholic here, which is what I would have predicted.

You are a "nervous" Melancholic, with an abundance of black bile. Melancholics are characterized by the element of Earth, the season of Autumn, middle-aged adulthood, the color blue, and the characteristics of "Cold" and "Dry." Famous Melancholics include St. John of the Cross, St. John the Divine, St. Francis, and St. Catherine of Siena.

If you were living in the Age of Faith, perfect career choices for you would be contemplative religious, theologian, artist, or writer.

Curiously, on the other "temperament" quizzes I've come across I usually score as "choleric."

Like Gina, I landed right at the midpoint, and I opted to click "greater than . . . "  Must have chosen right, because
Sanguines are characterized by the element of Air, . . .
and I was born under Libra, an Air sign. :yahoo:

If I had come up Choleric, it would have been proof of a glitch -- either in the interpretation or the software.

I love the Sanguine segment in TFTs the best. :D Hi Cabro, fellow Libra! I thought I was phlegmatic. I turned out to be Choleric too! I think my true persona is san-choler-phleg-neurotic. Realistically, doesn't everyone have a little bit of all of these characteristics in them? My reaction depends on my mood and the situation.