This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Maya Plisetskaya book

Does anyone who lives outside the US (or inside) have any information about the western European or US translation of Maya Plisetskaya's autobiography "I, Maya Plisetskaya." I speak a little Russian, but not well enough to read it (it's about 500 pages). I have seen the book selling in Russian book stores in San Francisco, and in online Russian bookstores like kniga.com. A russian teacher of mine read the book and says its incredible and was a huge best seller in Russia. It's a real tell-all about soviet ballet from the late 40's to the present. She goes into all the conflicts at the Bolshoi, political interference and even anti-semitism towards Jewish dancers. I would love to read it. Does anyone know if it's been published in France or England.

Ralph, I don't think it has been. You might go on Amazon (link at top of page) and do a search. You might also try dance books in England. I don't have that URL off the top of my head, but doing a search for Dance Books should turn it up.

It does sound juicy! Perhaps some enterprising press will translate it. I think their would be a readership for it in America.