This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet on TV?

Isn't it a shame?! When I was a child and a young adult (when I had absolutey no interest in ballet) there always seemed to be ballet on television. Now, when I have such a late-discovered love and appreciation for ballet, it is never, ever on television.

The reason that I am posting this is that I recently bought the February 2005 Dance Magazine. There is an article about Gillian Murpht and Ethan Stiefel of the American Ballet Theatre. At the end of the article, it says that Gillian is currently filming Swan Lake for PBS with Angel Corella (who I just saw in "Stars of the 21st Century").

At least that is something to look forward to on TV! :yahoo:

Yes, those were the days.

The Ed Sullivan Show occasionally shows up on PBS, and I get a huge kick out of it every time. High, low, middle -- Sullivan served up everything -- you could have Joan Sutherland following a juggling act. I saw Jacques d'Amboise perform a pas de deux, but unfortunately recall nothing else about it, including his partner's name.