Sign in to follow this  
BalletNut

Dream Ballet Partnerships

Which dancers would be your ideal ballet couple onstage? Time and geography are, of course, irrelevant.

For me, it already happened: Suzanne Farrell and Ib Andersen in the last movement of Mozartiana.

Nijinsky & Wendy Whelan...

Oh :D --I can imagine them in 'Afternoon of a Faun'---that is one nymph who would not be intimidated.

Gelsey Kirkland and Jose Carreno. I'm breathless just thinking about the pairing.

I used to try to imagine Marianna Tcherkassky with Peter Martins in Les Sylphides. Oh, so pretty, but dull, dull, dull.

Kirkland/Nureyev (they did dance together at least once, in a full-length Raymonda, and received a rave review from Barnes)

or, in a different, cooler tone:

Kirkland/Bruhn (two of ballet's all time perfectionists)

or, in case anyone doubts how much I loved Kirkland:

Kirkland/Nijinsky (in Les Sylphides: after all, De Valois is supposed to have described her as a young Pavlova)

and, just so I don't seem obsessive, or, at least, just to express some alternative obsessions:

Ringer/Nagy (two stunningly beautiful artists who both seem or seemed to enjoy connecting with their partners)

Ringer/Babilee (can't come up with an explanation but something to do with charisma, sex, and modernity)

If memory serves, Kirkland and Nureyev once danced a fabulous Corsaire pas de deux together.

It's too bad Farrell was too tall for Baryshnikov when he joined NYCB -- I don't know that it would have been a dream partnership, but it would have been fascinating to watch, I'm sure.

If memory serves, Kirkland and Nureyev once danced a fabulous Corsaire pas de deux together.

It's too bad Farrell was too tall for Baryshnikov when he joined NYCB -- I don't know that it would have been a dream partnership, but it would have been fascinating to watch, I'm sure.

Memory serves you well indeed dirac.

I too saw the fabulous Corsaire pas de deux of Kirkland and Nureyev at State Theatre, summer of 76. It was an ABT gala. :)

Svetlana Zacharova-Vladimir Malakhov

Agnes Letestu- Danila Korsuntzev

Diana Vishneva-Fethon Miozzi

Uliana Lopatkina-Kenneth Greve

We think that they are the most perfect pairs. We are waiting for their performances ! :D

Matilda Kschessinskaya and Rudolf Nureyev: The Clash of the Titans

Jerry Robbins and Wendy Whelen

Tanaquil LeClercg and Angel Corella

Pierre Vladimiroff(sp?) and Gelsey Kirkland

Long term - the Sibley and Dowell partnership was pure magic.

Seasonal partnerships:

Terekhova and Yuri Posokhov made a dream team.

Zelensky and Lopatkina - but Zelensky presents his ballerinas so beautifully that he makes every partnership look great.

Terry

This has been mentioned before, I think, but Farrell and Nureyev.

Sizova and Soloviev (actually happened).

I think Carla Fracci and Peter Boal would be interesting to watch.

Lezhnina/Fadeyev, too, or better yet, Lezhnina/Soloviev.

Asylmuratova/Carreno.

Forgot one--imagine Lezhnina/Boal!

Edited by Hans

Gomes/Kirkland

Dowell/Lopatkina

Corella/Osipova

I think Carla Fracci and Peter Boal would be interesting to watch.
I must have missed this when it was first posted. What a fascinating pairing, but not one I would have ever imagined. :FIREdevil: Hans, I'd love to hear your reasons, especially as to Boal. Were you thinking of Fracci's partnership with Bruhn?

[Paris Opera Ballet: Stephane Buillion and Agnes Letestu ( Already cast in Les dame aux Camellias)

(Bala ManonHerve Moreau and Aurelie Dupont ( S. Waltz Romeo & Juliet) Solymosi (1)or IgorZaklinsky (2)and Darcey Bussell. 1. Tch. Pas de deux 2. Manon

Sign in to follow this