This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Guest stagecenter

Is there anybody here who is willing to sell to me a video of this ballet or at least to make an excellent copy (in SP speed) of it for me? I will pay a fair price for the tape and shipping.

Thank you for your attention!

um, since i really love the new york public library as a resource, i'll tell you what they have of this ballet on video. one looks like it was a commercial tape. good luck finding one!

1. (from tv) Eugene Onegin (1966, 35 min., b&w) / producers, Margaret Dale and Peter Wright ; director, Peter Wright ; choreography, John Cranko ; music, Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky, arranged by Kurt-Heinz Stolze ; scenario, inspired by the poem by Aleksandr Pushkin ; design, Clifford Hatts ; lighting, Peter Wesson ; performed by Desmond Doyle (Eugene Onegin), Marcia Haydée (Tatyana Larina), Egon Madsen (Vladimir Lensky), Lynn Seymour (Olga Larina), John Chesworth (Prince Gremin), Freda Bamford (Madame Larina), Nora Ogonovsky (nurse), Peter Hawkins (narrator), and others.

2. from 1986: Co-production of Primedia Productions Limited and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in association with RM Arts. Distributed as a videotape by Home Vision, a Films Incorporated Co., Chicago, Ill. Director: Norman Campbell. Producers: W. Paterson Ferns and Norman Campbell.

Choreography: John Cranko, restaged by Reid Anderson and adapted for television by Norman Campbell and Reid Anderson. Based on the poem by Alexander Pushkin. Music: Peter Tchaikovsky, arranged and orchestrated by Kurt-Heinz Stolze. Scenery/costumes: Jurgen Rose. Lighting: Sholem Dolgoy, adapted for television by Sholem Dolgoy and Ross Viner.

Performed by the National Ballet of Canada. Cast: Sabina Allemann (Tatiana), Frank Augustyn (Eugene Onegin), Jeremy Ransom (Lensky), Cynthia Lucas (Olga), Serge Lavoie (Prince Gremin), Victoria Bertram (Mme. Larina), Lorna Geddes (Nurse), and others. National Ballet of Canada Orchestra, conducted by Ermanno Florio.

3. 1976 (also from tv): Danced by the Ballett der Württembergische Staatstheater, Stuttgart [stuttgart Ballet]: Heinz Clauss (Eugene Onegin), Marcia Haydée (Tatiana), Joyce Cuoco (Olga), Egon Madsen (Lensky), Jan Stripling (Prince Gremin), and others.

Music played by the Württembergische Staatstheaterorchester, conducted by Stewart Kershaw.

Credits Scenery and costumes, Jürgen Rose.

Note Recorded in the Sporthalle Böblingen, Germany.

Guest stagecenter

Thank you very much for the information!

I was able to buy my own copy of "Onegin" (National Ballet of Canada)!

Now, I just need to find time to go to the NY Public Library and watch the non-commercial recorded telecasts. I wonder if there is anybody here who has recordings of these that they can copy for me...

Thanks again!