This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

houston ballet II graduates

rosaline24

I thought this might be an interesting topic

dancers with houston ballet 2 who graduated this past year(2004) :

7 dancers went on to Texas Ballet theatre

1 joined ballet met

4 joined houston ballet

1 joined washington ballet

1 joined state street ballet

1 joined atlanta ballet

its so interesting where dancers go after their training and to see how they grow as artists at all these different ballet companies.

Feel free to comment!!

I thought this was an interesting question too -- Old Fashioned and troops, what say you? :innocent:

I was surprised that so many were going to Texas Ballet Theatre. In one way, it's odd for two "rival" companies to draw on the same talent pool. But on the other hand, it's nice to have friendly "rivals." Good placements -- congratulations to the school and HB2.

I have to say that I haven't been around houston ballet in a while, and therefore don't know what their current crop of students looks like. But... I was just impressed at the sheer number of them that walked away with jobs. Unfortunately, it's not that way for kids from all professional schools. Soooo, HBA must be doing something right!

I'm not too suprised about the number dancers going off to Texas Ballet Theatre. These kids have been steeped in the Stevenson tradition, and the current Houston Ballet repertoire probably doesn't do too much for those who have opted for TBT. It also seems that Welch wants a wider range of dancers and isn't hiring as strictly from the school as was done in the past with Stevenson. I don't really see the two companies as rivals, and the Academy gives TBT an easy source to draw from. It is, afterall, named after the former AD. :(