This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

There was a performance last week in NYC at the Clark Theater featuring quite a few dancers from the NYCB (Janie Taylor, D. McBrearty, Jared Angle, Ryan ... (forgot his last name) Dena Abergal and a few others.

And for the life of me I can't remember who was choreographing it. Maybe there's a link page to it.

But did anyone go to the performance? :o

The chor. is Jonathan Appels and the perf. was the same as what they did in November at the Clarke Theater, "An Operation Can Vanish". I believe Appels calls it modern ballet poetry. I didn't see it however, so that's all I know. (Ryan's last name is Kelly, btw.)

Diana, the choreographer was Jonathon Appels, the dancer in question was Ryan Kelly and Craig Hall was also involved. Appels is a modern dance choreographer whose work I've admired for its cleanliness, but recently he's taken a fancy to using ballet dancers exclusively for his work. I have to admit when he began dropping his modern dancers for ballet dancers I liked the stuff less than before.

Thanks for the responses, I can barely keep the people in my own life's names straight, let alone all of these dancers!

Leigh, in regard to the dropping modern dancers, what is the reason for using ballet dancers, if you know?