This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

'The Bolshoi Ballet' by Judy Cameron

cameron is one of the bolshoi ballet's most dedicated and consistently excellent photographers. (well not JUST the bolshoi, but esp. the bolshoi, for ex. the exhibit now on display at n.y.pub.lib.for perf. arts at lincoln center includes nearly a half dozen superb photos by her in its current margot fonteyn in nyc show.)

cameron shot the bolshoi both at home and abroad. she has an excellent eye for a photo and an equally keen sense of timing for capturing on film w/ her sharp eye sees.

the problems w/ this book, and they do not outweigh reasons for acquiring it, are the so-so quality of the production: paperback, usually, tho some were published hardcover, with sometimes less that high-quality clear-contrast printing, and in the case of the paperback not very sturdy binding. but these pictures are not shown anywhere else in this number, so i'd be buying it if i didn't already have 2 copies - one has a few autographs in it and the other is 'plain'.

walter terry's text is hardly deep but not necessarily unreliable.

hope this helps.

sometimes original photos by cameron are sold on ebay, i've never seen a bad one.

hope this helps.