This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Make a donation today - save on 2003 taxes

BarreTalk

Just a reminder:

Most professional ballet companies only get about 55% of their operating budget from ticket sales. They depend on the generosity of their corporate underwriters and "viewers like you" for the rest.

It's not too late to make a tax deductible gift to your favorite group and take the deduction on your 2003 income taxes. Just be sure to write the check AND get it postmarked before you pop the bubbly tommorow night (New Years Eve). I emphasize the postmark because the IRS takes a dim view of checks "written" in one year that somehow don't clear the bank until well into the next year.

If you enjoy the ballet - support the ballet!

(legal notice: I'm not a lawyer, accountant, or professional tax expert. Consult your tax advisor before depending on any information in this message. :P )

Thanks for saying this, BarreTalk. We're on the same wavelength, I did my donations last night.

For those of you who like to donate online, American Express has an offer at www.americanexpress.com/give - any donations made through their "JustGive.org" site (Most not for profits are listed there; I made mine to Paul Taylor and CPYB) get triple "Membership Rewards" Points through 12/31.

So do good, AND be a "miles whore"!

My husband called the Joffrey this morning to make our donation. He said the pleasant voice at the other end said, "Hello, this is _________ " (insert distinctive first name of Joffrey dancer). He wondered if it was THE _________, but was too polite to ask. He settled for saying no, he didn't need to hear the list of benefits, we just wanted to give a little something back to the company that enriches our lives so much.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The company I work with did an unusually large mailing of our annual appeal this year. We rely on this for a substantial part of our income. I pushed very hard to expand the number of people we reach by purchasing a mailing list. We added 1000 names to our list. It cost more, but the potential for more donations is huge. I hope people respond. We have no fundarisers planned for months! :sweating: