This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hallowe'en Party

The Tomboy Cowgirl from "Rodeo." No tutus or tiaras, please. This role would be 7th heaven for someone who grew up with six boys and likes her ballet tempered by high stepping fun. And gosh, this will be one night this hyperextended dancer won't have to worry about keeping her heels together. Giddyup!

Not really into cross-dressing, but can't pass this chance up: The Cygnets...yes, all four...cuz I'm gonna have the Lion King puppeteers make the other three and connect them to my limbs so we'll be totally in unison. Of course, I'll need to get up on pointe and then there's all that boring dancing stuff, but what an entrance!

This is Hallowe'en, so either one of the punks from Frankenstein, The Modern Prometheus, or one of the Royal party-goers from AMP's Swan Lake - specifically the one with the long red heir worn down when everyone else's was up, in a short dress when everyone else wore long, and who behaved "inappropriately" with any and all male staff and guests. That role always reminded me of someone .....

Jane

The Bronze Idol, perhaps, for the sake of the costume -- this is assuming I can exchange my current body for something a bit more svelte. If I had to pick something appropriate to my age and ability (bleah), then either Dr. Coppelius or the Baron de Zabrus (from "The Gilded Bat").

Carabosse said we could all come over to her place, but we'd have to find it. Golfo looked at the floor and fidgeted, so I guess the Blue Grotto is out. Dracula seemed a bit over-eager. Maybe we should be post-postmodern and have it backstage, with the whole backstage area exposed and lots of harsh lighting?

BTW, I got an urgent email from Death in "La Valse" reminding me that I'd promised him he could be a doorman this year. Apologies.

Maybe we could convince King Florestan to open his ballroom for us...just as long as Catalabutte has absolutely nothing to do with the guest list. And wouldn't it be great if we could get some servants from La Bayadère to do the catering? Yummy Indian food :wink:

I'd be Allegra Kent in "Faun," arriving at the party sometime in the Afternoon (tee hee), then

change to Muenier's 4th movement of Brahms-Schoenberg Quartet, and/or Tzigane by early evening, as the sun begins to set in bright crimson and purples, then

at nearly midnight, under a summer night's stars, a sampling of waltzing, et al., in Diana's Liebeslieder, just before becoming Suzanne's Diamonds... Don't set the morning alarm. Ever.

(The above, of course, accompanied by the romantic, true, passionate partner(s) of my choice...)

Edited by Anna NYC