Sign in to follow this  
silvy

Marianna Tcherkassky

Tcherkassky at ABT and Mahdaviani at NYCB were two dancers to whom my eye was drawn immediately, regardless of who else was on stage. Tcherkassky was short, and her manner was unassuming and gracious -- almost humble. It's not surprising to me that she was overshadowed by Makarova, van Hamel, and Gregory.

I did see her perform a few bravura pas de deux with her then-husband, Danilo Radoevic. She floated through them with those lovely feet.

Thanks Ari for the article you posted!!!

Wow, how beautiful she looks in that photo!!!!!!!!

silvy

I believe MT was already married to/involved with TO before Radojevic got to ABT. Radojevic brought along his Aussie girlfriend/wife, whose name totally escapes me at the moment, who joined ABT's corps.

Was it Karissa Keramidas (excuse my spelling once again.) :rolleyes:

Danilo,i think,was married to Chrisa Keramidas.She became a soloist and danced LA SOMNAMBULA(2nd cast).She left before him.

Joe

Thank you, Glebb! Yes, but maybe Chrissa. (Posted before I saw Joe's post. Thank you, too, Joe!)

Edited by carbro

Recall seeing Marianna T. w/ ABT, & was always impressed w/ her dancing, & her beauty. She did a memorable performance w/ Bujones in Giselle[i/]

Another dancer that always stood out was the beautiful Naomi Sorkin (?). Whatever happened w/ her?

Sign in to follow this