This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet and Physics

A Physics Ballet: On July 17, the Institute of Physics, a leading international professional body established to promote the advancement of physics, announced a unique dance and science partnership. The year 2005 has been dubbed ‘Einstein Year’ because it marks 100 years since the publication of three of his most groundbreaking papers. In commemoration of this event, the Institute has commissioned Rambert Dance Company to produce a new work based on physics and Einstein’s theories. The work will be choreographed by Rambert’s new Artistic Director, Mark Baldwin. It will receive its world premiere at Sadler’s Wells, London, in May 2005.

Thought this looked interesting. I don't believe I had seen this mentioned on Ballet Talk yet. I will look for any additional info.

Editing to add:

Here is the official link http://physics.iop.org/IOP/Press/PR5303.html

Thank you nlkflint... I must say that Rambart's website is quite something! :yes:

I know we've discussed the concept of physics in relation to ballet... So I did a search on it and these are the links I've come up with...for those who might be interested. B)