This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Paloma Herrera in Don Quixote

Maxi3D

I went to the Sunday matinee. To say parking was a b---h is an understatement; a gargantuan swap meet across the street (year long, or almost) stops traffic on the freeway!! This happens every year and gets progressively worse since swap meet-ers use the theater parking lot.

Anyway....

This is the 3rd time I've gone to one of these performances. The performance is put on by Festival Ballet Theatre, "a regional ballet company.....to showcase talented, youthful dancers of our community", etc. I must say that I've never seen the kids look as good as they did this year. Some I have seen before. My congratulations to Salwa Rizkalla, Artistic Director of Festival Ballet Theatre.

Giannina

I went to the Friday evening's performance and the parking was much better than Sunday's. I agree with Giannina that the young dancers from Festival Ballet have gotten quite impressive every year. This is my thrid years I went to their's performances, and the company this year have many talented dancers who complemented very nicely with Paloma Herrera on stage. I hope in the future I will see them dancing with the major companys. Does anyone know that if Festival Ballet will stage their next spring performance at the Orange Coast College? I had heard that due to lack of funding the college can't afford to sponsor performing arts at the theater. Is that true? :confused: