This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Any IADMS Members Here?

i'm just wondering how many ballet talkers - if any - are also members of IADMS?

(if you don't know what that is, then the answer is obviously 'not you'! so here's a link, for your info: http://www.iadms.org/ )

i do know, of course, that they are a unique body, and 'do good work', so to speak...BUT: because there are no examples, on the site, of anything you can get from joining - other than attend conferences, which is out of my price range - i can't measure the worth of joining, to myself.

i suppose i am most intrigued by their discussion forum. BUT: before their site was re-fashioned, it was possible for anyone to visit their discussion board without joining - and it was as quiet as a cemetery...so i wonder whether it is active, now?

anyone got any insider info?

grace, as far as I know, there are not any huge benefits from joining if you cannot attend the conferences, which I cannot, either. (for the same reasons you mentioned....)

I am a member of the German equivalent, and they offer workshops in order to help interested teachers, etc. increase their knowledge of medicine as it applies to dance.

Does IADMS offer those, too, in different areas?

-d-

thanks for the responses. since i haven't been back here for about a week, and there are only these two responses, and neither of them from IADMS members, i guess it's reasonable to assume that IADMS members and BT members are not the same people!

a teacher friend of mine shared some ballet technique teaching information which was new to me, and important. she picked it up at a seminar of some type, held in melbourne 2 years ago, i believe held in conjunction with the australian ballet school. she said it was an IADMS seminar, but its not listed on the IADMS website, so i think it wasn't quite that simple.

i was after more information (about this particular technique point), and also to see if there is anything else important, that i am missing out on...

i guess it's reasonable to assume that IADMS members and BT members are not the same people!

a teacher friend of mine shared some ballet technique teaching information which . . .  she picked . . .  up at a seminar of some type

Grace, I had assumed, when I first read you post, that you'd posted it also on BalletTalk for Dancers. I think most of the teachers and dancers who are members on this side also spend time on the Dancers' board. There is an overlap, of course, but each board does have a distinct membership profile. The likely IAMDS members are on the Dancers' board.